Five software for B2B lead enrichment
Data is the basic building block for successful B2B sales. Unfortunately, all too often important customer/company data is lost, forgotten, or stored in different places. Very often, the data is outdated. In this article, you will learn how you can use B2B data enrichment to bring your data records into shape, boost your sales and which 5 software for B2B lead enrichment can support you.
What is B2B data enrichment?
B2B data enrichment, also known as B2B lead enrichment, means the improvement and enrichment of existing data sets. The profile of a customer or prospect is enriched in the CRM system with further relevant insights and information (f. e. industry, contact details, social media channels etc.). Outdated data is updated.
The goal of B2B data enrichment is to be able to constantly access complete and correct data records, which are necessary for efficient work.
Why is B2B lead enrichment important?
Generating as many quality leads as possible is the goal of lead generation. But how does your sales department recognize qualified leads and prioritize them?
This is where lead scoring plays a role. It enables you to prioritize high-quality leads. But the name and email address alone are not sufficient for the lead scoring process, or for an assessment of the relevance of the leads. More data is needed to give your sales reps the ability to track the most relevant leads and increase their chances of making a sale.
A software for B2B data enrichment can provide you with this. The more you know about the leads, the easier the lead scoring process and identifying quality leads becomes. Lead scoring itself is a form of data enrichment.
A strategy used by B2B companies to target potential customers or interested parties with personalized, high-quality content. The more data available about the customer, the higher the chances of success. With B2B data enrichment, highly targeted campaigns become possible and can be coordinated across channels. With the collected industry or company-specific data, interested parties can be offered real added value.
Optimal communication with customers
One of the goals of B2B data enrichment is optimal communication with the customer. Not just in terms of marketing campaigns. For this purpose, the collected data sets must be up-to-date and complete. Records are a combination of company information and contact information. The company data includes, among others: address, website, social media channels, financial figures. It can be helpful to know the situation of your customers to be able to address them at the right time.
But if you want to contact them personally, you also need contact details. This is personal data of relevant contact persons. When collecting contact data, ensure compliance with the GDPR.
Where does the data for B2B lead enrichment come from?
The first step consists of merging data that already exists internally so that you can get an overview of gaps. In the next step, you have the option of purchasing missing data externally. Digital tools from sales intelligence providers help your company to make sales more efficient, partly automated. Such software saves a lot of research time and guarantees that the data obtained is mostly complete and correct.
Some CRM systems offer an already integrated solution for data enrichment for a fee. But there are also individual software solutions that you can integrate into your existing CRM system with the appropriate interface (API). After that, data is automatically updated and enriched in the background.
There are also different types of B2B lead enrichment. You can either have existing lists enriched to fill gaps or exchange outdated data. You can also give your software provider criteria for a target group (for a campaign) and the relevant data will be compiled.
B2B lead Enrichment and GDPR
The question legitimately arises as to whether personal data enrichment is GDPR-compliant. The answer is not clear, because it depends on where the data comes from and what data is enriched. If it is publicly accessible data related to business, there is a legitimate interest in storing this data. If it is a private e-mail address, it may only be saved with express consent.
Benefits of B2B lead enrichment briefly
- Complete and correct B2B data
- Cost Savings:
- No lost sales caused by incorrect data
- Personnel cost savings, since manual data maintenance is no longer necessary and there is more time for profitable work
- Increased customer satisfaction through needs-based advice from the right contact person
- More successful marketing campaigns thanks to personalized messages
How to find the right software for B2B lead enrichment
First you should ask yourself which data you want to enrich. What is relevant data for your lead scoring?
As soon as it is clear which data your company needs, it is a matter of finding a suitable provider. This should meet certain requirements:
- Can the provider deliver the required data?
- Is the data up to date?
- Does the provider offer suitable connection options/interfaces (API) for automation and integration into your CRM system?
- Does it meet all legal requirements? (GDPR)
Software that can help you with B2B data enrichment
- Fast and easy integration thanks to API
- GDPR Compliant
- High-quality company data, starting with 0.05 cents per call
- Enrichment of existing company database
- Data mining for marketing campaigns
- Real-time analytics and traffic to better understand shopper intent
- Automated B2B lead enrichment
- Various integration options
- 95% data accuracy guarantee for more than 85 million contacts
Zoominfo is known in the industry for its “proud” prices. Pricing isn’t visible on the website, but the most basic package is said to be just under $15,000.
- Precise identification of target groups thanks to an extensive B2B database with over 220 million contacts
- Automated yet personalized contact for inbound and outbound campaigns
- Optimized internal coordination through automated processes
- API interface
In terms of pricing, Apollo offers a cheap entry point. The smallest package is just $7/month per user and the next package is $15/month per user. But: these packages are quite limited in terms of the number of credits and various options. On the other hand, if you want to deal with the tool professionally, you pay at least 5000 USD per year and an additional 150 euros per user per month.
- Precise data coverage with data provided such as: company and contact details, technologies, trigger events, financial figures
- GDPR-compliant way of working
- Continuous and automated enrichment and cleansing of existing datasets
- Database contains more than 20 million European companies and more than 60 million contacts
- Numerous marketing applications for prospecting, targeted marketing, or personalized buyer journeys
- Current live data
- No data enrichment outsourcing. Clearbit manages all enrichment internally
- Easy integration thanks to API interface
- More than 100 million B2B contacts
Clearbit costs start at $0.36/API request/month.
B2B lead enrichment: conclusion
B2B data enrichment offers your company the opportunity to better understand your prospects and customers and their purchase intentions. This allows sales strategies to be developed to specifically address customers. Targeted marketing becomes child’s play. Customer satisfaction and your chances of success will increase with more effective marketing campaigns. A software for B2B lead enrichment also saves costs and time that you can invest in profitable work. Errors caused by incomplete or outdated records are eliminated and become a thing of the past. Find a B2B lead enrichment software that suits you and rely on consistently complete data sets.
Image source: https://sproutsocial.com/insights/what-is-an-api/